Sunday, February 28, 2010

#1 Researching/Writing Goals and Aspirations

My goals as a writer and researcher as a student in English 302 this semester are to be able to produce an informative, well-written research project that uses accurate, interesting and educational sources to answer questions pertaining to my topic using a theoretical framework.

My goals as a writer and researcher in my academic career are to be able to write attention-grabbing news-style pieces that are accurate and follow the Associated Press style of writing because most of my classes will be in Journalism. My research will be reporting, or interviewing people. My goal is to be able to feel comfortable talking to a variety of people to obtain information for stories.

I have several goals as a writer and researcher for my future career as well. I want to write informative and fascinating feature stories for a either a magazine or newspaper. I hope to develop a loyal group of readers. As a researcher, or reporter, I will have to interview people in order to obtain information for my stories. My goal is to build trust with sources, like restaurant managers and police officers, for example, that I can use to obtain information multiple times for different articles.

I would like to produce thorough, but concise and easy-to-read writing that is not used for school or work as well. I hope to obtain more readers of my weblog and followers on Twitter by doing so.

No comments:

Post a Comment